Monday, September 28, 2009

Here we go again..

Oh geez, in my last post I said I was back but haha, I didn't blog for 2 months. Oops. Anyway I've been recuperating from my appendix op, now I'm quite sick of pple asking me what happened so I'll just type it all here.

Okay...so 3 weeks back on the 8th sept I came back home frm camp and felt some pain btw my stomach and chest. I tot it was gastric and went for dinner at my grandparents home. Lied down for awhile after dinner but still felt weird. Took a late shower and felt my body becoming numb. Ugh...so I tried to sleep but was quite hard. I had very bad nightmares and kept groaning thru out the night. Fever set in tho I didn't feel a thing.

My mom kept waking up to take care of me and at 4am we decided to go to a 24hr clinic. I tot there was one at serangoon but apparently it closes at midnight. The cab driver knew of 1 somewhr else so we went there. The doc at this 24hr clinic was some old geezer who was sleeping cos there were no patients. He prodded my stomach area and it hurt ALOT when he poked the right side of my tummy. So he suspected it was appendicitis and said "I'm a general surgeon, I can operate on you at 7am at thomson". I din noe wad to do cos I tot it was just a simple illness, didn't expect to get appendicitis. I din noe if I shld let him operate so I told my mom to come in to help. We decided to go govt hospital instead so he wrote a memo for the hospital pple.

Haha...we landed up at CGH A&E and it was kinda empty. Brought back some memories of when I had my broken hand and landed up there as well. Was attended to by a female doc and yeah, they more or less suspected that my appendix was screwed. So I was injected and put on drip and warded, on 09/09/09. Yes, while pple were happily getting married and proposing I was lying on a hosp bed.

Next day, this cool and professional doctor came with some medical students and examined me. Told me I could go for the op or scan first to confirm, but given the symptoms I had (fever, feel like vomitting, stomach pains esp on right side), it was kinda obvious that it was appendicitis. I took the 2nd option at first, to scan my stomach. But I tot over it and decided it was better to operate. Its like, ur in a situation whr by surgery isnt an option, so you just wanna get it over and done with. I rmb telling him "doc, my life is in ur hands now" and he was kinda shocked and said "no no i'm not performing heart bypass on you" hahaha.

So I was knocked out for the surgery and woke up feeling better den when I had my first op. The doc who operated on me confirmed that my appendix was mildly inflammed or smth and causing the pain so good that I removed it.I couldn't move much as my wound hurt but they discharged me a day later, on 10th sept. Finally, I didn't shower for like 2 days while I was warded. Was given 3 weeks of mc to rest at home and take a break from army. =)

------------------------

Here I am now, my scar's still healing but it looks good, got my 7 stitches removed a week ago by my trusty family doc. Kinda dreading going back to work but oh well, have to eventually la huh. Alright guess thats all for now, update soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

//----------------------------------------------------------------// <body>